L-849V LED REILs Runway End Identifier Light System
The L-849V LED Runway End Identifier Light (REIL) System is a landing aid for pilots to identify the approach end of a runway and help provide adequate time for pilots to plan and execute a safe approach and landing at night or in reduced visibility conditions
The L-849V LED Runway End Identifier Light (REIL) System is a landing aid for pilots to identify the approach end of a runway. The REIL system includes a Control Cabinet Assembly (CCA), two Identifier Units (Flashers), and an Aiming Device. The Identifier Units are installed at each side of the approach end of the runway. The lights are angled to have an effective visual range in clear weather of approximately 3 miles during the day and approximately 20 miles at night. This provides pilots with adequate time to plan and execute a safe approach and landing at night or in reduced visibility conditions.
- Long LED life, eliminating expensive xenon lamp replacements.
- Lower power draw verses xenon lamps.
- Three brightness intensity levels for Style E.
- Built-in thermostatic heater allows operation at -55 ºC.
- Light weight and state-of-the-art technology provide for ease of installation.
- GFI convenience outlet provided for maintenance operations.
- Control cabinet and IUA cabinets NEMA 4X equivalent.
AC 150/5345-51 (current edition)
Engineering Brief 67D
L-849V – Powered by a voltage source
Style A -- 1-Step high intensity level
Style E – 3-Step intensity levels (low, medium and high)
Meets “Buy American” requirements.
ICAO: Annex 14, Vol. 1, para 5.3.8