L-852S LED Stop Bar Light
Runway Entrance Light (REL)
The L-852S LED in-pavement fixture is a Style-3, medium-intensity Runway Entrance Light (REL) installed before active runways and used for runway incursion protection and traffic control on taxiways.
The fixture provides unidirectional, steady burning, red lights.
The L-852S LED Style-3, unidirectional red, stop-bar, in-pavement light helps prevent runway incursions.
- FAA Style-3 fixture with less than 0.25 inches above ground height.
- Lower power consumption and less required maintenance compared to non-LED version, resulting in lower life-cycle costs.
- Easy to maintain. All components of the fixture are easily replaced.
- Can be installed on existing series circuits with no modifications to existing CCR or isolation transformer.
- Operates on 3- and 5-step ferroresonant or thyristor CCRs.
- Optional thermostatically controlled heater (arctic kit) that cycles on and off when temperature drops below freezing, reducing overall energy consumption.
- Fixture uses high-strength aluminum optical assembly, stainless steel hardware, and a hardened optical glass lens.
- Seals tested to resist Cryotech XT350, EX180, and E36 de-icing fluids.
- Includes UL 467-rated ground lug that accepts an AWG 6 earth ground wire.
FAA AC 150/5345-46 (current edition)
Engineering Brief 67D
Meets the requirements of Low Visibility Taxiway Lighting Systems as specified by FAA AC 150/5340-30 (current edition)
Meets “Buy American” requirements.