Call For Pricing - 800 Âå¥ 685 Âå¥ 5267 FTS 370 Vanguard LED L-864 / L-865 Wind Turbine and Wind Farm Split System - SPX Corp -- Description: -- The FTS 370d VanguardÂ® II is a dual (red and white) FAA L-864/L-865 medium intensity LED aviation obstruction lighting system. With a separate flash head and system controller it is considered a split system. The FTS 370d brings the benefits of Vanguard technology to wind turbines with white and red LED flashing lights for day and night mode operation. With significant advances in lifespan, operation and maintenance, and ease of installation the Vanguard LED series can significantly lower total cost of ownership.
Tested by multiple lightning test laboratories, the Vanguard II has a surge suppression rating of 25kA. To put that into perspective, a properly grounded tower should take approximately 55% of the lightning energy to ground through tower steel leaving 45% to be distributed among the rest of the cables on the tower. An average lightning strike is 28kA, with a 200kA strike happening less than 1% of the time. For a 200kA strike on a tower using an average of 4 cables on the tower, the flashhead cable would receive 22.5kA. With the 25kA surge rating, the Vanguard II is built to withstand the most intense lightning strikes.
The Vanguard II provides many options for monitoring, whether it is performed by your NOC or by Flash Technology. Connectivity options include cellular for both AT&T and Verizon with supplied monitoring devices as well as an Ethernet port. The Vanguard II also features Modbus and SNMP open protocols to support 3rd party monitoring. With the variety of connectivity options and monitoring protocols the Vanguard II can truly be customized to suit most monitoring needs.
Features and options
With Vanguard II, there is an Infrared (IR) option for better visibility to night vision goggles (NVG) and NVIS. Our FTS 370 NVG compatible design combines Red (620nm) and IR (850nm) LEDs to ensure visibility to pilots in all circumstances.
Standard on the Vanguard II is the ability to interface with a radar system through DC relay or Modbus. Radar systems are being increasingly used to control the lighting of towers only when aircraft are approaching.
Easier to Install
The versatile enclosure is made out of the same power-coated lightweight aluminum used in the flashhead for easier installation and cooler operating temperatures. Other features include two lockable twist knobs for easier access, a water channel to divert water away from the door opening, and knock-out holes to assist with cable installation in the bottom of the enclosure.
With robust protection, monitoring, flexibility, and many features the Flash Technology Vanguard II is the only choice for your obstruction lighting system needs. FTS 370 Vanguard LED L-864 / L-865 Wind Turbine and Wind Farm Split System - SPX Corp Features: - Combined single flashhead cable for power and communication -- LED By-pass circuitry -- IEC 61000-4-5 Surge Immunity to 25kA -- Single enclosure for power, control, and monitoring with no interlock switch -- Dry Contact Monitoring (Day, Night, Marker, PEC, GPS, Comm, Mode) -- Future Compatibility - Future LED designs require no controller modification for proper monitoring -- Radar Interface