Flashguard® 3000B Medium Intensity Dual Lighting System
Description: Combines a daytime white strobe light and a nighttime red flashing strobe into a single flashhead, eliminating the need for two separate lighting systems.
The flashhead is powered and controlled by a power supply that can be mounted remotely at the base of the structure.
The power supply constantly monitors the operation of the system, and provides alarm contact closure upon any failure.
The system automatically switches between day and night intensities by the use of a calibrated photocell.
Flashguard® 3000B flashheads incorporate a light blocking strip that minimizes ground scatter light, resulting in a “community friendly” lighting system.
FAA Type: L-864 and L-865 Medium Intensity Lighting
Medium intensity obstruction lighting systems are typically used on structures between 150’(45M) and 500’ (150M) above ground level to provide aviation safety.
The use of a medium intensity white strobe during the daytime typically eliminates the need to paint the structure with aviation orange and white stripes.
The use of a red flashing beacon at night provides a “community friendly” light. Hughey & Phillips’ medium intensity obstruction lights are designed for lighting tall structures such as communication, television and radio towers, chimneys, cooling towers, tall buildings, catenary river crossings and bridges.
This light is compatible with Enhanced Flight Vision Systems that use IR energy emissions for imaging, including NVG goggles
- Day Mode (White): 20,000 candela ± 25%
- Night Mode (White or Red): 2,000 candela ± 25%
- Beam Spread: 3° minimum
- Horizontal Coverage: 360°, omni-directional
- Ground Scatter: <3% Light Output at -10° Vertical
- Flash Rate: 40 FPM Day & White night, 24 FPM Red night
- Temperature: -40°C to +55°C (-40°F to 131°F)
- Humidity: 95% Relative Humidity
- Miscellaneous: Will withstand exposure to wind-blown rain from any direction, salt-laden atmosphere and windspeeds of 240 kph (150 mph).
- Weight, Flashhead: 16 kg (34 lbs)
- Weight, Power Supply: 32 kg (70 lbs)
- Power Supply Enclosure: 304 Stainless Steel – standard.
- 316L Stainless Steel – optional
- Flashhead Lens Material: High Temp/UV Resistant Acrylic
- Input Voltages: 120, 230/240, 277, 480 VAC
- Input frequencies: 50 or 60 Hz
- Power Consumption, Day: 208 Watts
- Power Consumption, night: 133 Watts
- Power Consumption, Backup: 77 Watts
- Peak Inrush Current: 7A @ 120VAC
- Available Alarm Contacts (form C dry-contact): Power Failure, Mode Status, Strobe Failure, Sidelight #1 Fail, Sidelight #2 Fail
- Single flashhead provides white or red medium intensity operation with no moving parts
- Dual flashtubes and dual trigger transformers provide night time redundancy – no single point of failure in the flashhead
- Precise optics minimize ground scatter light
- Alarm contacts provided for connection to any monitoring system
- Rugged design of flashhead and power supply is suitable for outdoor installation in any climate
- Upper optics provides red flashing beacon lighting
- Lower optics provides medium intensity white strobe lighting
- Identical strobe tube for red and white eliminates extra spare parts
- Internally triggered Xenon strobe tubes utilized for long-life and maximum efficiency, without creating corrosive ozone
- Parabolic reflector optics and linear strobe tube optics combination provides very precise optics and blocks ground scatter light in both red or white operation
- Lens raises and locks in place, providing easy access to strobe tubes
- Only five components used in flashhead – minimal maintenance required at top of structure
- Dual flashtubes and trigger transformers provide night time redundancy
- Safety interlock switch included
- No moving parts
- High temperature, UV resistant acrylic flashhead lens
POWER SUPPLY FEATURES:
- Provides power electronics, timing circuitry, and monitoring for lighting system
- Automatic day/night intensity control
- Manual intensity override
- Easily accessible components
- Plug-in-play circuit cards
- Control and monitoring for up two sidelight levels with four steady burning obstruction lights
- Fail-safe monitoring system with up to five remote alarm contacts
- Stainless steel NEMA 4X enclosure
- Low power consumption
|FG3000B-004||FAA Type L-864/865, 120/240VAC, 60Hz|
|FG3001B-004||FAA Type L-864/865, 230VAC, 50Hz|
|FG3004B-004||FAA Type L-864/865, 240/480VAC, 60Hz|
H&P Hughey Phillips
FlashGuard Medium Intensity Dual Red/White Strobe - FG3000B-004